Thank you for Volunteering!
Noor Womens's Association is 100% volunteer operated and all of our services are provided by volunteers. Without our volunteers Noor Women's Association would not exist. Volunteers are the life blood of our organization. Even a couple of hours a month can make a huge difference in the lives of the people we help. Our volunteers visit refugee families and determine their needs, teach English, take them on an outing etc.
Volunteers needed for:
- Visiting refugee families.
- Visitations and check-ins with families we serve.
- Providing assistance with cultural assimilation and guidance navigating cultural norms.
- Delivery needed of food and household items.
- We are looking volunteers who willing to teaching english one-on-one with non-english speaking refugees.
- We are always in need of bilingual speaking volunteers, the need for Arabic speaking volunteers is greatest right now.
The refugees are legal residents of the United States, and are granted the immediate right to work by our government.
If you are able to hire a refugee at your place of business this is the best form of help a refugee can receive.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
Volunteers are required to take a Refugee Basic Training 101 Class before they can begin volunteering.
Volunteers are invited to attend association meetings when possible.
If you are interested in volunteering, but have questions please contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.